Veneration of Our Lady of Karavaj began in Italy in 1432 on May 26th in town Caravaggio near Bergamo when apparition occurred. Woman called Ivanica saw Our Lady. During 17th and 18th century many Italian families moved from Bergamo to Tisno. Among them was family Gelpi who brought a picture of Our Lady. They built a small chapel on hill Brošćica in 1720 and owned the chapel for more than 250 years when they decided to hand it over to the local district along with its terrain and votive gifts. The picture is still there with the sign: 'Much appreciated image with miracles of Blessed Virgin Mary of Caravaggio and her appearance on May 26th 1432 when she brought the light of mercy'. On the same date every year Tisno celebrates The Feast of Our Lady of Karavaj by organising pilgrim's journey.